Friday, May 25, 2012

Metro

The crowd was unbearable, there were sad little people trying to reach the end of the platform, but we all knew that only few of us will make it on time. People were fighting as if it was for their life, but really the next metro was due in five minutes. What was so special about this one? It seemed amazing that your entire day depended upon boarding this one metro. Needless to say, I had made it just in time. The door caught some strands of my long wavy hair. I pulled in my bag ahead of me, where an unbelievable density of people stood in front of me. They all were desperate to hold on to something, as if that was even needed seeing the amount of people here, falling alone would be a challenge even if you wanted to fall. Desperate mothers were holding on to their small children. Business men were fixing their suites with zero results. School kids were busy playing games and laughing at anyone who stood out of the crowd. As for me, I was riding this metro, and trying to remember which stop was the one where I had to get off at. Soon the door flung open. My body was forced out of the vehicle by the mass of the people. I was now on the floor with my bag right on top of me. People uncontrollably moving over, and past me, as if I didn't even exists.

No comments:

Post a Comment